Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sweets: A New Orleans Crime Story

I chose to read "Sweets: A new Orleans Crime story," and I cant say I found the story particularly engaging. It seems to follow the generic detective plot without deviating too far from the formula. As soon as I started reading, I felt like I was watching en episode of Lawn and Order. Theres a really good detective whos a bit of a rogue and is disliked by the police chief. Hes having marital problems, probably because of his commitment to his job. He begins working on a case and finds it was more than he bargained forIt all felt a little old. I enjoyed the art a lot, though. The colors the author chose were incredibly appealing in their own right, and the character designs were realistic, but render in a way that was very interesting visually.

No comments:

Post a Comment